Wednesday 24 August 2005

does it hurt?


Character issues. I've been thinking about my kids and how to help them in areas that they struggle. The thing is, they display many of the same issues - we'll call them traits *laugh* - that I am working on. And I know why.
One of the harder things about homeschooling is living your life in the 360* mirror from What NOT to Wear - but in this case it's more appropriate to call it What NOT to Be. It's hard to discipline (teach) my children not to yell, be easily angered, or pout, and to work first and play after, when I myself am having the exact same problems. *exasperated-sigh*
My biggest problem in dealing with this is that I am forever trying to change myself. CHANGE MYSELF. I want to change myself to be what I think I should be. (...there is a way that seems right to a man....) What about the way God wants me to be? (..in the likeness of Christ...) CHANGED BY GOD.

Psalm 46:10 (NIV)
10 "Be still, and know that I am God;"

Philippians 1:6 (NIV)
6 "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

James 1:5 (WYC)
5 "And if any of you needeth wisdom, ask he of God, which giveth to all men largely [that giveth to all men largely], and upbraideth not; and it shall be given to him."



Grace, patience, humility, gentleness, kindness....laughter and playfulness - these things I ask for. You've placed the desire in my heart. I know I wouldn't think these thoughts if not for you - that I would not desire these changes, but not for you......I am asking. I am seeking. I am knocking. Mold me into the gentle mother I know you desire me to be that I may raise my children in a way that honors you. amen.

No comments: