Tuesday 31 January 2006

I will not.....but I will....

I will not allow myself to be in the pits of despair. I will not.
I will not allow someone to 'make me' feel miserable. I will not.
I will not bottle all this crap up and keep it there till it spews all over some unsuspecting member of my household like an infected emotional boil exploding puss all over. I will not.
I will not allow this painful turning point to discolor other relationships. I will not.

I will remember that even in all of this sadness, I still have joy in my heart from my heavenly Father. I will.
I will remember that I own my emotions - no matter how big. I will.
I will remember that I am big enough to handle them, verbalize them, and deal with them. I will.
I will remember that this is one area that is ok for me to compartmentalize - boundaries are good. I will.

I will remember that I am loved.
Deuteronomy 33:27

27 The eternal God is your refuge,
and underneath are the everlasting arms.


No. matter. what.

Romans 8:38-39
38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Again, thank you, Father. amen.

3 comments:

quirkychild said...

Thank you for this post. It challenges me to remember that God's promises have nothing to do with how we feel. I must and can obey Him despite circumstances and not have a pity party for myself.

I pray that He will give you strength and grace during this hard time.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ said...

Oh so well written....it really spoke to me as I had a very difficult day yesterday (Saturday) with a friend relationship that was so discouraging. Then I read this. THANK YOU.

BTW, you left a note on my blog regarding the Prayer Shawl. There is a neat group doing these at Women at Home and it would be nice to have you there too! You can share what you are doing. Hope to see you there:
http://www.womenathome.us/prayershawls/

Loni

Chris said...

Loni - that is where I learned about the prayer shawls!! I will have to post about it as you suggest. *thumbsup* I only shared with Stacey (at W@H) in a PM because I had some questions. Thanks for the encouragement!