Tuesday 3 January 2006

a new year......YES!

I love the beginning of a new year. It's fresh - more so than just a new day. The opportunity to turn over a new leaf (or in my "let's do it ALL" way - turning over a whole tree of new leaves *laugh*), is inspiring.

Ahhhhh.....the freshness of it all. *smile*

I think I am calloused to the phrase "New Year Resolutions". So, I am "resolving" or "purposing" to make some lifestyle changes that will, with persistence, change the way I am characterized. One tiny bud of change that I am praying will leaf out in full green beauty is consistency. Already I can boast - even though I know I'm not supposed to *laugh* - that my kitchen and laundry have been completely, COMPLETELY done at bed time EVERY DAY THIS YEAR! (yes, I realize it's only been two whole days, but don't deflate my joy balloon with facts or sarcasm, alright?! *laugh*)

Ahhhhhhhhh......the freshness.

Since things have seemed stale for a long time, this freshness is an unsurpassed pleasure. I fully intend to breathe of it deeply for days, if not months, to come. *smile*

cross posted to xanga

2 comments:

Joyful Mother said...

No sarcasm here! WTG!!

http://womenathome.typepad.com/becky

Matt said...

Happy New Year.

You're doing better than me. I've got two loads of laundry waiting for me to find/buy some laundry deteregent.