Tuesday 20 September 2005

Sugar boogers and chewing gum

Gum first - my oldest son's fav. flavour is "Fruicey Juit". *laugh* I just love that!

Now about those "sugar boogers"....
Fannie used these words in her post about life with boys. It reminded me of an event that has led to a lovie/snugglie/goofy kinda thing between my boys and myself.
The details are no longer important, as each boy claims responsibility, but basically, one afternoon we were giving hugs and kisses and I noticed a gooey stickiness on one boys face.
"what is that?" I was thinking out loud.
"it's a little bit sticky." (referring to the goo)
"it's a little bit sweet." (referring to the boy)
And then, feeling a little goofy, I said,
"It must be a SUGAR BOOGER!!"
Loud squeals of "EEEWW!" and "GROSS!" could be heard for miles I think. *grin*
So, every once in a while, I notice that there is a little bit of sweet stickiness in boyhood - and I get up close...right next to an ear...and I sniff...and I think aloud:
"Hmmm...it's a little bit sticky."
And then *kiss*
"And it's a little bit sweet..."
And as the boys get giggly and pink I declare that they "MUST BE SUGAR BOOGERS!!" and tickle and smooch and squeeze until they gasp for me to stop.
"Sniff me now, Mom..."

2 comments:

lyndapoe said...

a moment that will be remembered forever, i love those times in parenting...and grandparenting...

Mama Heffalump said...

*Love it!*