Monday 28 November 2005

tip toes and pre-op stress

I have one little Prima ballerina twirling around the school room. One of her brothers watches her proudly and clapps to encourage her. It is good to see them getting along after arguing this morning over those silly pop-ons. (or is it pop-onz? *shurg*) It's a good moment for reflecting on the joy my children bring and the smiles they so freely give.
It is also a moment where I realize that my snappiness is really due to pre-op stress. I don't know why I didn't think about it....I guess having such a "break" between surgeries let me "forget"? Anyway, I see it for what it is and there we have it.
If you pray, please pray for ease of procedure, comfort, peace for my child and speedy recovery.

3 comments:

susan said...

when's the surgery?

i'll keep all of you in my prayers. ;)

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

I will pray for you!

Chris said...

Thank you! His surgery is early in the morning...we get to wake up bright and early and drive up to OKC. I'm glad it's scheduled for morning - he can't eat or drink anything after midnight tonight and only 4 oz of clear fluid before 8am - none after.
It's definitly a family thing - we all go to love and support and it is hard emotionally for everyone.