Friday 30 September 2005

hot and steamy

Amazing...I think I almost forgot. But those are the two best words to describe my iron. *laugh* I almost forgot because I haven't used it in almost FOUR YEARS. *shocked* Ironing was nice. I really had forgotten how nice and crisp things feel when ironed. How smooth. How neat and tidy. *grin*
There was a time when I ironed even bed sheets. Sounds suspiciously untrue, eh? Well, it's the truth. I ironed almost everything...but that's been SO LONG AGO.
My middle child saw me ironing and was bewildered. (Mind you, he's 6 *laugh*) "What is that?" "What does that do?" "Can I do that?" and my fav.: "Why are you doing that?"
Ahhh...because things sew better with neatly pressed seems. And then came the fascination with the sewing machine. "Can I sit in your lap while you do that?" "Can you show me how?" "What are you making?"

Yes...I have neglected certain domestic skills for a LONG time - if you could call what I do with a sewing machine a "skill". (I busted a needle, for pete's sake!) *laugh* We'll talk about justification for neglecting specific domestic "skills" another day. *wink*

4 comments:

Mama Heffalump said...

Um... what's a sewing machine? *giggle*

"Mrs. C" said...

Kudos to you for breaking out your iron. My mother refuses to iron... she leaves it for me or my dad to do. In fact, I think she has only ironed twice in her entire life.

But I digress... keep the kids mystified about the ironing and sewing and maybe someday you can pass on the task to them. :o)

Matt said...

Ironing? I have trouble just doing the laundry.

Amy Pearson Photography said...

IRONING?!! You mean that's a domestic skill? I thought it was a curse. Ack. I hate it, but I love ironed things. Go figure. Father can do a mean shirt, though! LOL