Thursday 9 February 2006

*happy dance*

I performed fish surgery today and I am quite proud of myself. *grin*
We had a fish that I mistakenly decided to catch and move with a fish net instead of a cup and it caught it's spikey fins in the net. We got most removed, but part just stuck fast - Noel ended up cutting part of the net off so the fish could be loose in the tank. That bit of net didn't work it's way off the fin though as we hoped and it was rubbing a really raw spot on the fish. So, enter the fish doctor. *laugh*
I gloved my hands so I didn't get speared and using those tiny scissors used for suture removal I carefully cut away the netting till I could get it all off. *whew* It was nerve wracking! I'm hoping the fish will heal well and be happy to flash about the tank and give me weird looks as before. I was wanting to take him back to the pet store because he seems to aggressive, but now, I'm not so sure.

Also, in aquarium land, we now have a tad pole to observe. The pet store FINALLY had some. Some people laugh that I actually paid for one instead of going to catch one - but, hey - I've never caught one before and I really don't know when or where to get one in the 'wild'. *laugh* It's pretty cool. *smile*

The guppies we bought are proving to be disastrous. How is it possible for guppies to be so temperamental to keep? I've never had fish die off so fast. *frown* It's enough to make me think of just getting a tank of dirty goldfish! *sigh* We'll see. I'm going to do some more reading before I give up altogether on them.

The gecko has been much more 'social' lately. It's been really neat to see her around instead of always looking for where she's hiding. She's so beautiful - turquoise and grey with orange spots and big orange eyes...and those cool gecko toes...those ROCK. *laugh*

The dog, Molly..she's still rolling in dried grass and bringing it in the house. *laugh* She seems happy to find cozy places to nap and bark at the neighborhood cats. *smile*

No comments: