Friday 19 August 2005

Buffet? ....there's no buffet.

Yesterday was an amazing marker in our marriage - 11 years! Reflecting on the joys and trials of our past, I realized we have made 4 interstate moves, have brought three wonderfully loving children into the world, survived 10 surgeries with our second son, made lasting friendships, been hurt and healed, grown and pruned, and of course: learned, laughed and loved. *smile* Over all it has been good - Thanks to God and his mercy and grace. (amen.) We should've made a banner that said "50 yrs. or Bust!!" and had our picture made with it. *laugh*

The last couple days I have been seeing that God is always working on something. I mean, I've known that....but have I really known that? I can see it this time. As I am painfully missing my sweet friend, I find that God has brought someone else closer to me. It has been a balm for my heart. What's more, she has been a challenge and encouragement to me spiritually. She is a good friend ~ delighting in the Lord, seeking His will. The Holy Spirit is evident in her life. And I am Thankful. (amen.)

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Kolosser 3:12,13

(12)So ziehet nun an, als die Auserwählten Gottes, Heiligen und Geliebten, herzliches Erbarmen, Freundlichkeit, Demut, Sanftmut, Geduld;(13)und vertrage einer den andern und vergebet euch untereinander, so jemand Klage hat wider den andern; gleichwie Christus euch vergeben hat, also auch ihr.

Colossians 3:12,13

(12)Since God chose you to be the holy people whom he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.
(13)You must make allowance for each other's faults and forgive the person who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.




These verses need to be pasted to my walls. Perhaps if I wrote it out 100 times on the blackboard it would sink in, you think?
To be clothed in tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience I am so painfully, and obviously NOT.
We become like those we spend the most time with. What kind of example am I being to my children? Today I was hardhearted, harsh, condescending, abrupt, and impatient.Oh, and LOUD. *sad-frown*
The Word's of my Savior are not a place of comfort for me today. Rather they are rebuking and peircing. My own disapointment with myself is keen. (Col.3:17 - And whatever you do or say, let it be as a representative of the Lord Jesus, all the while giving thanks through him to God the Father.)
If you are familiar with this passage you know what follows swiftly after this, right? (vs. 21, Fathers, don't aggravate your children. If you do, they will become discouraged and quit trying.) The farther I read the more I see - all I can do is pray.

Lord, have mercy; Christ, have mercy. Mea culpa.



Mary Magdalene detail from Sacred Conversation, by Giovanni Bellini

No comments: