Monday 15 August 2005

The real deal?

How real am I? I wonder at transparency....at honesty....at approachability.
I know I am real and honest. I also know that I am self-sensoring and secretive - not in a dishonest way - just in an introverted sort of way. I keep most of myself unto myself. Sometimes I think I also with-hold from myself because I don't want to deal with that part of me. I think it is a struggle to keep "introverted" from morphing into "self-centered"......
Hence the daily struggles:
  • ~ to empty all myself of self that God may fill me with Himself instead...
  • ~ to be transparent before the Lord, that I may be made clean - as His mercies are new each day...

If thou could'st empty all thyself of self,

Like to a shell dishabited,
Then might He find thee on the ocean shelf,
And say,"This is not dead,"
And fill thee with Himself instead.
But thou art all repleat with very thou,
And hast such shrewd activity,
That when He comes He says,"This is enow
Unto itself - 'twere better let it be,
It is so small and full, there is no room for me."
~Sir Thomas Browne


12 How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?
Cleanse me from these hidden faults.

13 Keep me from deliberate sins!
Don't let them control me.
Then I will be free from guilt,
and innocent of great sin.

14 May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart
be pleasing to you,
O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

Psalm 19:12-14

When you read my mind, what does it say? What do you find there?
When my thoughts unwind, reflections of you, I pray they will be there....When you read my mind......
~Joel Weldon, musician






1 comment:

lyndapoe said...

i mean really, wow......